Everyday under the Golden Arches, employees gain life-long valuable skills, training and advancement opportunities. Unfortunately, a lot of people aren’t aware of all the positives to working at McDonald’s and having a “McJob.” They don’t know about our flexible work schedules and great benefits…or that 50% of our franchisees started their career as crew! From the meals we serve, to the jobs we create, the story around McDonald’s opportunities and benefits largely remains unheard. And now is the time to share that story, and we are asking for volunteers.
So, here is your opportunity to share in your own words why you are proud of your “McJob” and the opportunities that are uniquely McDonald’s. Put your best foot forward and record your “Why I Love My McJob” video and upload it below. These videos may be used to inspire and create excitement throughout the U.S. System and a few select videos may be showcased to potential new hires online and via the McDonald’s social network Channels like Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Shoot Your Video
- Here are some guidelines as you record your video:
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate and agree to the terms of the release located below.
- Video submissions should aim to be between 30-90 seconds in length.
- Files should be: WMV, MPG, MP4, MOV or M4V (Not to exceed 200MB).
- You should record your video outside of work on your personal time. For example, if you are a restaurant employee, please do not record your video in the restaurant during working hours unless you have first obtained the approval of your supervisor.
- Let your creativity and personality shine through.
- Be sure to address why you love working at McDonald’s: Flexibility, Family/Friends, Fun and Food.
- Use the following sample questions as a guide:
- When did you start your career at McDonald’s?
- How did you start at McDonald’s?
- What’s your current role?
- Where do you work? (location, etc.)
- What’s your most memorable moment in your career at McDonald’s?
- What’s your favorite menu item?
- What makes McDonald’s a great place to work?
- Please no swearing or derogatory language – keep it fun, clean, respectful, and professional.
- Be positive – please do not insult other companies as employers.
- No logos, unoriginal music, video clips, artwork, characters or other trademarked properties (for example, a video submission featuring someone wearing a branded-sweatshirt or a hat adorning a sports team emblem or playing a famous song in the background will not be used)
- Please do not include other people in your video submission, even in the background. For example, you should not record your video in a location where people are entering and leaving the frame of the video. If you include other people in your video submission, your submission will not be used.
We’re looking forward to hearing from all you about why you are proud of your McJob!
Release and Waiver “Why I Love My McJob”
I hereby grant to McDonald’s USA, LLC and its affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, and their agents and representatives (collectively, “McDonald’s”), the irrevocable, unrestricted, worldwide right to use, publish, display, broadcast, edit, modify and distribute materials (the “Materials”) bearing my name, voice, image, likeness, quotations attributed to me and/or any other identifiable representation of myself (collectively, “my Likeness”), including any stills, shortened cuts or lifts from the Materials, for any and all purposes, in any form, style, color or medium whatsoever now known or later developed (including, without limitation, photographs, videotapes, films, sound recordings, software, drawings, prints, broadcast, internet and electronic media).
I agree that the Materials containing my Likeness are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of McDonald’s, and I hereby assign any proprietary right I may have in the Materials to McDonald’s. I understand that by submitting the Materials to McDonald’s, I hereby waive any claim of confidentiality and ownership in the Materials, that McDonald’s will have no obligation to treat the Materials as confidential, and that McDonald’s shall be free (although it is under no obligation) to use the Materials, if at all, as it sees fit. I hereby release and forever discharge McDonald’s from any and all liability, claims and damages relating to the use of my Likeness and the Materials and I waive any right I may have to inspect or approve the finished Materials or any part or element thereof that incorporates my Likeness.
I represent that the Materials are original with me and not copied from another source. To the best of my knowledge, the Materials are not covered by any existing patent, patent application, trademark or copyright owned by me or by any other person, and that McDonald’s use of the Materials will not infringe on any third party’s personal or proprietary rights.
I have submitted the Materials to McDonald’s voluntarily and have agreed to the above in consideration of the opportunity given to me by McDonald’s to participate in the “Why I Love My McJob” contest and to appear in the Materials. I agree that I am not entitled to any monetary compensation, including any pay or wages, from McDonald’s or my employer for the Materials or the time I spent creating the Materials. I acknowledge that McDonald’s reserves the right to conduct a background check on me before publishing the Materials. I acknowledge and fully understand that any information obtained in a background check may affect my employment.
I acknowledge that I have fully read and understand this document and that I have had any questions regarding its effect or the meaning of its terms answered to my satisfaction. I certify that I am at least 18 years of age.